CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday 6 May 2010

Of Messy Bedrooms and Piano Concerts`

I'm faced with two choices, go to bed or continue cleaning my room.
Naturally I chose what wasn't a choice and went on facebook (do you blame me?)So here I am Friday night, lying on my bedroom floor since my bed is full with all my clothes that were on the floor typing into my iPod.... I have such a busy social life.

But no, complaining (I was told today) is for the lower classes.

I still don't get that, there's hardly such a thing as "class" anymore...

Wednesday evening I went with dad to a piano concert!! Amazing! I know what CD I'm gonna buy for my "sleep" playlist.

We were so close to the front I could have given Ludivico advice on where he needed botox. Not to be rude or anything.

I'd also devised a plan. If we stayed to get Dads CD signed, and I got to meet him, i would smile and ask if he remembered me. Of course, he would say yes.That's when I'd shudder and exclaim how weird that was, since I'd never met him.Dad disapproved wholeheartedly of the idea and we left without waiting for a CD signing (my real plan all along of course)

I passed the time noting the few interesting details. Ludivico (the pianist) had managed, since I saw him last year, to lose at least 50% more hair. There was a guy with a cello!

Yes yes, the guy with the cello (you can just tell I was sitting in my second to front row seat looking for information for sa blogpost...)

The guy with the cello was very Italian, late forties, astonishing Afro hair style, and made such amazing facial expressions during every piece... He was incredible to watch. Later on to my delight, he laid his cello down and pulled out a xylaphone (sp?) Lol, every time he hit the board his eyebrows would shoot up in surprise and I would giggle.

Hmmm, I was rather bored for a few moments, but then along came this shocking board which sounded when he it it!

At one point it did look very poetical, the stage wreathed in blue light, the five men in black (Ludivico, a violinist, a violinist/tamboriner [what? I don't know what it's called], a violinist/guitarist and the sound effects dude) were gently swaying to the music before rapidly switching to tortured expressions, agonising lines of mouth and over analysed emotions as the music reached fever pitch.

The cello squeaked, the guitar rapidly strummed, violins avidly played, the piano added deep chords, and the man in front of me contributed with his snores.

That totally RUINED the whole effect. (but on the whole I really couldn't fault his taste)

The other minor details became mildly amusing, the tamboriner guy was wearing a top that was just too short, and when he bowed, swung his arms around so much I became convinced he was doing a secret warm-up.

Sound effects fellow waved like a three-year-old.

Violinist with no other talents pushed his glasses back up twelve times.

Cello fellow had to fix his jacket (corduroy... No taste these days) and to do so had to sort of reach round the back of the enormous cello, just as his piece was about to begin, he pushed and pulled... I anxiously awaited a smash that never came.

Einaudi himself mouthed the "bang bang bang" when the piano banged. I was impressed with that, I bet he had to have extreme confidence to do that in front of 2 thousand people!

We were sitting on fold up seats that used to be in the buses, so when I (reluctantly? of course not, they provided quite an unusual sort of entertainment!) stood at the very end, my glasses, on the seat, in my bag, nearly died.

Worried about them I almost (but not quite) missed the head on collision between cello bow and tamborine player's head.)

The apology was obviously not in English, so I decided it wasn't worth it to loudly mutter "not corduroy!! Please!" as the cello man walked off stage.

I think I learnt a lot about music and how to listen to it that evening.

In other news: I worked today and listened happily to all those compliments, I have severely sprained one foot (never you mind what I was doing) and now everyone thinks I have a limp..., I told three spooky stories on the way swimming (grin, I now have no need to hold onto Max and Julius's hands, they hold onto mine....) and I've been looking at an untidy bedroom for the last hour or so!
Now I shall go where duty calls and tidy to the soundtrack of Annabelle snoring.
Nightx

1 comments:

Homeschool on the Croft said...

We were at a Ludovico concert?? Wow! I'm very envious. I love to listen to him, though my only worry is that I'd end up snoozing by the end of it....it's very relaxing, and I do love my sleep! x