CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday 6 May 2010

Not Responding...

Notepad just crashed on me. That's right, the simplest of all my wonderful programs on this laptop has just given me the "Not Responding" sign.

I think it may be time to get a new laptop. I may tag this line to my mother, just to give her a subtle hint. After all, hints can't exactly hurt, can they??

I like the Not Responding sign, by the way. It's amazing - just gives us all a little reminder that computers are only human, and have their own little miffs. Actually it does nothing of the sort, you have to have a rather extreme imagination to imagine that.

But, what if we could have a Not Responding sign? It would be the best! Dad could turn to me and say "Constance, the cat needs feeding" and all I have to do is roll my eyes back and flash up *Not Responding* (I beg you, do not call RSPCA, this was just a scenario)

John Terry, when we crash out of the World Cup (which we will), can look blankly at the nosy reporter demanding an explanation and subtly hint "Not Responding"

What a lovely change it would make in parliament if, when faced once again with the question "What are you going to do about the banks?" Gordon Brown just suddenly goes all stiff and flashes "Not Responding"

That's when we'd know he'd been hacked. He's been waiting for this position for years, he's hardly going to waste it without getting in every word he possibly could.

Talking of crashing out of the World Cup (again), let's hope our footballers actually return from South Africa. I wouldn't like to be security personnel on that trip....

0 comments: