CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday 30 April 2009

Swine Flu, My Kids, you know - the usuals!

Everyone is in the most delightful panic; I can't wait to go into London tomorrow and see if people are wearing masks everywhere.

The French have a much better word for the virus. On Le Monde (which is my homepage - how sad) there are constant reminders that 'de grippe porcine' is imininent.

De Grippe Porcine, I have to absolutely love, = The Pig Illness.

Much, much better than swine flu. I mean, honestly, when does anyone use the word swine now-a-days anyway?

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't mind getting Swine Flu myself.

A few days in bed having everyone worried over whether I would die, weeks to 'recover' in which everyone will wait on me hand and foot, and I'll get to eat everything I want, have laptop in my room.

Yes... *cough* *sniff* - wait! I think I'm coming down with something....

Please do not go out and buy a sympathy card for my family at this present moment in time. I do not believe I have 'The Pig Illness', and I'm not quite dead yet.

Today I was in a shop paying for something with my two youngest brothers, and being a generous sort of person, gave them some change from my handbag to put in the collection box.

Julius did this then came rushing up to me and said "Can I have some more money?"

The lady at the till laughed, and to me it seemed an overloud evil laugh, but it was probably her version of pleasant"It gets worse from here" she assured me "It's always 'Mum can I have some money?'"

Cough, well, yes, whatever - (you do know I would have been ten?)

And it's very nearly ten already, so I'd better get myself off this computer and up to bed. I've got another busy day tomorrow, and it's Max's birthday!

(Happy Birthday to him)

I'm only writing that so that if he ever reads this in later years I don't get into trouble :-) I don't think it would matter so much now if I write a happy birthday on a blog or not, just so long as I get him a few toy cars.

Goodnightxx

2 comments:

James said...

hows your french? :)

Const-T said...

It's really bad.
C'est tres mauvais :(
Well, um yes, I can read it, but if I try to speak it it all comes out in the wrong order lol
A bit like a bad English speaker says 'the french I read he is good very, but when speak I it, he the wrong order comes in :)