CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday 9 December 2008

I Can't Laugh! (among other things)

And it's true. I can't. (Don't laugh, that's not fair)

Due to a very bad cold, etc, etc, etc, I won't go into it all, and very bad coughing, sore stomach muscles; to laugh at the moment is infinitely painful.

Not to laugh, however, is even worse.

I couldn't laugh in the queue in Morrisons today when two old people behind me were making smart remarks about how the young should give up their spaces.

I couldn't laugh when recounting a very funny story to my siblings about a guy who gatecrashed the meeting on Sunday. (At least they all thought it was funny, when the incident occured, I was particuarly aware of being the only person in the building in a state of amusment. Not a recommended position, believe me!)
I couldn't laugh when Jeremy made a very funny joke, or when I tripped and nearly fell down the stairs on top of Sebastian, or any other funny time today (or yesterday) at all.

In short, I'm feeling somewhat sorry for myself, and I am, for once, complaining. Before you look horrified, let me remind you that this is far more like an historic occasion to be treasured.
It's probably quite obvious that I don't have anything particuarly clever to say in this blogpost, it's just a quick up to date thingie, er, post, on our [my] health, and what's happening at the moment.

I'll just go online to BBC news and see if anything interesting is happening worth of note at the moment.

And, I'm back! What is the world coming to?? There is a musical about Shane Warne!??!! Yes, I know what you're thinking, Shane Ward? A musical about him? How cool. But, no, I'm not talking about the singer, I'm talking about the Australian Cricket Bowler.

Actually, there is a preview.
"Do you really think he's got the mustard to take on the motherland?" I know Americans all think that we spend our lives going "Jolly Good Show! Tally Ho!" or "Tip top old sport" in some ridiculously old fashioned accent, but, er, we don't. I haven't heard about 'mustard' before though...?

And also online there is a 'first ever computer mouse demo' The man seems somewhat surprised that when you move the mouse, something moves on the screen!!!

Those of us born in the the technical age, laugh with me. (or for me, rather!)

What is making me a little worried, though, is this thought: When people were experimenting with computer mice [or mouses?], my own father was already 8 years old!!!!

What else now...?

Ah yes, some photographs to lighten up your day.These two men will one day both be rulers of two brilliant countries (one already is)




Now, looking at their photographs before they are airbrushed, do you trust them?? I don't!



Well, that's all from me for now, no flames about the photos please :D



Love

Constxx

0 comments: