CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday 18 November 2008

Another blog. Another year older. Another year wiser ;)

Hi there!



I'm sure, unless you own a blog of your own, that you have no idea how it feels to be with a blog, and suddenly without one. I keep thinking - Oh, that can go on my blog - and then thinking... er, Constance - what blog??

So, another blog, another year! It's over a year since I started http://www.life-of-a-turnbull-girl.blogspot.com/, and so to follow the example of my mother I'll change my blog every year. Saves you getting bored like.

We had the family photos again on Saturday, a yearly ritual that we all hate dearly. I mean, so would you, if you had to stand for hours in the cold smiling at a camera when smiling is the furthest thing from your mind!

Not to mention that it was rather muddy in the garden, and my heels kept misbehaving and sinking. Yes, I know - I'm wiser, I shouldn't be wearing that type of shoes. If I explain the situation, maybe you'll understand.


You see, we were standing in chronological order for most of the time, and I happened to be beside Alex.

In flat shoes, I'm at the most 5ft 8"

And he's 6ft 3"

Get the picture?

I don't like being short, and I'm sure you'll agree this was no time to be short, as the photos that Dad were taking are going round all our dusty old relatives. I mean, who wants to be greeted by an old aunt who says


"My dear! You must be the short one. No place for you in modelling I always told my old Alfred - strange.... *mutter mutter* these magazines and such only take such tall thin girls"

Okay that was just my terrible imagination, what would REALLY happen is someone would say


"My! You've GROWN!!!!"

Again.


So, to cut a long story short, the reason why I was wearing taller shoes was because I didn't want to be forever known by people who only see my picture as the girl who only comes up to her brother's elbow. (Yes! I know it's not that bad - let me have my moment will you?)


I haven't seen my pictures yet, but I have this sneaking suspicion that they're not great. My hair wasn't straightened, and it was in a bun for most of the family pictures, Dad made me pull it out for the solo pics.


I'm sure I looked like someone from the seventies.


Ah well, what do I have good photo editing software for anyway? If not to touch up photos and send them out airbrushed.


Well, I've made my first post on a blog I've been planning for WEEKS. I'm going to try and update it on Tuesdays every week, and any other day I get a chance to.

It took me ages to come up with a name for the blog - everything just seemed wrong, so I just stuck with one-in-twelve as my url and So Yesterday as the name.

Why that? Well, most of the stuff I write on here is soooo yesterday anyway! (You see, people, this is what's called impeccable logic!)


So, comment and tell me how you like it!


Due one of my blogger friends having a problem with his blog turning into a debating board, I'm not going to mention Obama, Clinton, or ANYTHING to do with politics.

But on that note - don't you think it's time we British had another election. Gordon Brown has got to get OUT.

*I just mentioned politics didn't I?*


Cya'll

Constxxx

4 comments:

thedude said...

My blog has thankfully been redeemed from the debate by my outstanding editing skills. *not*

Anyway...That was a big nasty mess. I hope that never happens again. Kinda made me not want to post anymore. We'll see if I ever get around to posting again. I was just trying to vent a bit...I suppose you've got to watch what you say if you want people to comment.

I'm not racist, by the way...do you think I am from what I said?

Josh said...

Glad to have the link to this! I shall read it with interest... I also find myself writing mainly about things that are "so yesterday" so I think the blog title is rather cool! xx

thenewstead6 said...

Ha! Realised I was logged in as "Josh" on the pc when I posted that! Not that I'm sure Josh wouldn't read your blog but he doesn't have the link... so it was me, I'll own up! In case you wondered about the "xx" at the end... Ann (Josh's mum!)

PeterinScotland said...

Maybe not time for another election. We might get stuck with Labour for *ever*.